The long term impact of the First World War
The long term impact of the First World War, presented by Professor Gary Sheffield.
Members free, guests pay £2. This meeting is held in the Sixth Form Common Room at Kennet School.
To allow the venue to clean the room before we start and after we have finished we have had to alter our times for the short term. New times are:
- Arrive between 6.50pm and 7.15pm, please DO NOT arrive earlier.
- The meeting will start at 7.15pm and the speaker will present until 8.15pm.
- You will then have a chance, 5 or 10 minutes, to ask questions before the meeting closes.
To keep everyone as safe as we can, both our members, visitors and other users of the venue we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Once in the room please sit down.
- Please wear a mask/protection when entering the building. We ask that you keep it on, at least until you are seated.
- Chairs will be spaced out, we ask that you maintain that distance between seating.
- Please use hand sanitizer that will be provided in the room.
- We will have windows open to ensure airflow through the room.
- Please ensure you use the lift if needed.
The times and guidelines are being reviewed regularly and we hope in the not too distant future to be able to reintroduce the library and refreshments.