We are delighted to be able to tell you that we are able to start back with face-to-face meetings starting with the next speaker meeting on 18 October 2021. There will be some minor changes, see below, but first our lineup for the remainder of the year, to the AGM is:
- 18th October, The Long Term Impact of the First World War, Professor Gary Sheffield
- 29th November, History of Cold Ash, Tony Higgott
- 31st January 2022, Annual General Meeting
Please note talks may change and if the Covid situation and/or national guidelines change we may have to postpone talks. For all the latest events and news please keep an eye on our website, www.thatchamhistoricalsociety.org.uk.
In order to resume face-to-face meetings there are a few changes we need to make, which we hope will only be for the short term. For the October and November meetings the library will not be opened and we will not have refreshments. There are changes to the times we meet and guidelines we ask you to follow.
To allow the venue to clean the room before we start and after we have finished we have had to alter our times for the short term. New times are:
- Arrive between 6.50pm and 7.15pm, please DO NOT arrive earlier.
- The meeting will start at 7.15pm and the speaker will present until 8.15pm.
- You will then have a chance, 5 or 10 minutes, to ask questions before the meeting closes.
To keep everyone as safe as we can, both our members, visitors and other users of the venue we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Once in the room please sit down.
- Please wear a mask/protection when entering the building. We ask that you keep it on, at least until you are seated.
- Chairs will be spaced out, we ask that you maintain that distance between seating.
- Please use hand sanitizer that will be provided in the room.
- We will have windows open to ensure airflow through the room.
- Please ensure you use the lift if needed.
The times and guidelines are being reviewed regularly and we hope in the not too distant future to be able to reintroduce the library and refreshments.