The Civil War Soldier
NOTICE: Please note events may be changed, for example to online, or cancelled entirely with short notice. Please keep an eye on our website and social media for updates.
Members free, guests pay £2 (cash, on the door). This meeting is held in the Sixth Form Common Room at Kennet School.
Alan Turton will join us to tell us, and show, about the English Civil War soldier.
To allow the venue to clean the room before we start and after we have finished we have had to alter our times for the short term. New times are:
- Arrive between 6.50pm and 7.15pm, please DO NOT arrive earlier.
- The meeting will start at 7.15pm and the speaker will present until 8.15pm.
- You will then have a chance, 5 or 10 minutes, to ask questions before the meeting closes.
To keep everyone as safe as we can, both our members, visitors and other users of the venue we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Hand sanitiser will be provided.
- We will have windows open to ensure airflow through the room. You may want to wear a coat.
- Please ensure you use the lift if needed.
The times, guidelines and situation are under constant review and may change.
Access to the Sixth Form block at Kennet School
There is parking at the front of the school. You can then walk through the school (see the black line on the map below) to get to the meeting room – go through the main doors, take a left and walk down the corridor, come out of the first double doors (step) or second set of double doors (accessible slope) on your right and you will see the Sixth form block over to your left, or use the lift in the building directly opposite.
Note walking around to the rear via the road (blue dotted line) may have obstacles, please if you walk go via the school reception.
- Stoney Lane, Thatcham RG19 4LL